Wednesday 21 August 2013

Dresses and Indy

  Helloooo!! This past weekend my main goal was to finish up the two dresses I've been working on for the show today!  Eeeeee!!   Another thing I'm working on is a fabulous bridesmaid dress for my beauty of a friend!!  It's a gorgeous purple colour with a lining that is just as delicious!   Anyone who knows me knows I usually always use fun fabric as a lining.  I believe garments should look great on the outside and the inside!   PS purple is a colour to look for this fall/winter!   Another thing I did was watch the Moto GP race!!  They've been on a nearly month long break and we were so excited for the race!   It was a pretty good race.  The best part was not even the three that made the podium...it was the three after them;  Rossi, Crutchlow and Bautista!  It later came down to just Rossi and Crutchlow and wow was it ever nice to watch some real race battles!   In the end Valentino came in fourth.  Funny thing is the turnout was almost just as I predicted!!!  Before the race I said to John, I think it's going to be Marquez, Lorenzo and Pedrosa and Rossi will get fourth....I said he would be very close....it was actually  Marquez, Pedrosa, Lorenzo then Rossi....sooooo I was almost right!! ( I based it on the practices and the fact that Rossi is not the biggest fan of this track...and it's considered a Honda track but hey ya never know! ) I told him, you just watch, Rossi is going to surge up the line!   He sure did!!  It was fantastic.  Like I said in my last post, Moto GP sort of inspired the two pieces for the show.   Don't expect leather and studs or anything like that.  It's a twist on feminine dresses...ok maybe some pyramid studs.  Why MotoGP as inspiration??  Well, inspiration can come from anything.  While I was trying to figure out what to make I had been watching a race.  When I went to fabricville I saw a checkered fabric that I had walked by numerous times and was drawn to it....I thought, yesss a race theme!!!  Also, when watching the races they have "Paddock Girl" that hold umbrellas over the racers as they wait to start.  I'm always checking out their outfits.  Some of them are questionable, some are not to my liking  while others a great.  I ususally like the Yamaha girls...they are tasteful and sweet!  These dresses I designed are something I would imagine on a paddock girl!  The style at least...I know they usually wear the colours of the bike company they represent.   The show went great!  I was very happy with how the dresses turned out.  I even had time to make some cute little change purses for my business cards.  The reception was great!  I always go into shows with a little bit of self doubt.    So, the reaction I got was more than I could imagine...people loved my designs.  They kept asking where my store was....it's in my house lol.  But it definitely made me realize how much I would love to have a store!   I even made the jewelry...from What On Earth of course but still 100% made by me.  Now, if only I could make shoes!!! Then we would have been dressed head to toe in my creations!  So, now that I have finished that project, I am on to my next ones, bridesmaid dresses.  Let's see if today got me any more business!!!!
The change purses I made to hold my business cards.  I got a little silver disc engraved at work, with my logo on it.  I did the engraving :)

Close up of the waist of one of my dresses.  I couldn't find any pyramid studs in the city.  My husband had an old studded belt that he never wore....mission accomplished.

Little bow with a stud on the second dress!

Photo via www.motogp.com
Paddock girls from this past race at Indianapolis Speedway.  They are my favourite outfits.  Love the  look and the silhouette.  

Photo via www.motogp.com
  I'm a sucker for a corseted dress!
Photo via www.valentinorossi.com
Best part of the whole race;  a battle between racers where one is in front then the other...just back and forth.  Loved it.  
My dresses!!!  I was happy with how they turned out :) There will hopefully be more photos to come.  There was a pro photographer there.   I also had a pretty heavy zipper in the back of both for the whole edgy/moto effect!

No comments:

Post a Comment