Sunday 29 July 2012

Olympics

     Allo! How was everyone's weekend?? I didn't do a whole lot.  I did plan on doing a lot but it turned into not so much getting done!  I did however, purchase some fabric for a possible new dress to wear to a wedding...yay!  Now, the first thing I've got to do is decide on my design.  I keep going back and forth between two.  It's in two weeks...so I should really figure that out!
     I've actually been watching the Olympics! I can't remember the last time I took an interest in them.  I remember when I was a little girl being sooo excited to watch everything.  I've never really been into any sports but I guess I admire the hard work that goes into it.  Well, actually,  My sport would be soccer.  It's the only one I've actually done well and enjoyed playing.  I love that you can play it rain or shine (minus thunder and lighting!) and it's a great cardio work out.  I never could get the hitting the ball with my head thing right though...I was scared to hurt my face! lol.   I also like Tennis and wish I could swim a little better!   I suppose I can still try!
    The opening ceremony was awesome! London has done a great job so far.  One of my favourite parts was James Bond and the Queen.  She looked fabulous in her pink dress.  He looked dapper as usual.  Another part that stood out to me was the mention that, for the first time every country has both men and women representing them.   This actually made me a little teary and so happy:)
     I can't forget to mention the fashion.  Dear Canada, you looked great! I loved the easy look, it was perfect....nothing too flashy.  An understated statement:)  I wish all the athletes the best of luck!!!    Let's Go Canada!

Team Canada!
photo via www.cbc.ca
The Queen and James Bond.  This was so fun!!
photo via www.hollywoodreporter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment