Wednesday 11 July 2012

Staycation and Start of fall trends

Well I'm still vacationing...actually I should say, "staycationing".  I don't think that's even a word but it is now! Anyways, I'm enjoying myself....just doing what I want....but keeping busy!  It's been so nice these past couple days that I actually went swimming (I'm not much for pools and beaches...).  I've also been thinking up a storm for new designs and may get to sewing something if I can decide what to do first! I got a few new books all about fashion and techniques.  I'm excited to try a few!  That's one thing I love about fashion design...there's always more to learn!  I've also been thinking ahead for fall clothing.  It's hard not to notice the summer clothes are going on sale and making room for the new season.  They always do it so soon! I mean, the fashion weeks for fall were in late winter, early Spring! I guess you do need some time to get everything decided and ordered.  Anyways, I last mentioned what I think will be happening this next fashion season.  These are just my thoughts, so not necessarily all right but I hope they're pretty close!  So far, seems to be pretty much on track!  I actually just bought a really nice blue shirt this week, starting off my fall wardrobe! Also, a cute tunic...white with bows (imagine that! I saw them everywhere while shopping) and two cardigans; white with black polka dots and grey with black hearts.   One of my fashionable friends once said hearts are like polka dots but funner!  Anyways,  Here are a few colour trends.  I'm sure there will be more to talk about!  And as you all know...I'm a sucker for colour!


Here are a few examples of black and white. Another trend is just all black or all white.  I love the sort of artistic feel of this dress...how the hands look like they're hugging the dress. Fun!  The pop of colour from the red gloves are a great touch.

Diane Von Furstenburg
photo via www.millionlooks.com
Leather seems to be big.  Not necessarily all leather.  Just a little bit is a nice touch to an otherwise feminine dress.  I'm a fan of Calvin Klein.  I like the simplicity and sophistication of a lot of the designs. Black and white is classic and the leather adds a little twist..or edge if you will!
Calvin Klein
photo via www.louloumagazine.com
Here is a little colour blocking using black and white. It's very square but flowy..catches my eye.  I like the detail down the middle..or lack of. It's just good use of negative space.  It added to the square look of the top.
BCBG Max Azria
Photo via www.louloumagazine.com
This is what I mean by the bright Spring/ Summer colours being a little more subtle for fall/winter.  Love this colour.  It's so rich and delicious!  I really like DVF designs.  They often have a 70's feel and are very flowy and feminine.  She knows what she's doing!

Diane Von Furstenburg
photo via www.millionlooks.com
I'm actually surprised I didn't notice this colour on my radar!  I love purples and this upcoming season I think it will be making an appearance.  Yay!
Feretti
photo via www.louloumagazine.com
So, I think I was on the right track.  Blue seems to be making it's way down a few run ways.  It's a very rich hue.
Stella McCartney
photo via www.louloumagazine.com
There is the leather again! I hope this is not real fur....lets say it's faux.
Ferretti
photo via www.louloumagazine.com
Another example of blue on the runway.  I'm liking the collar and the cuffs! It's kind of business like.  Mrs. Beckham sure knows how to design!  I'm definitely a fan.
Victoria Beckham
photo via www.millionlooks.com
Red also seems to be a common colour on the runways.
Victoria Beckham
photo via www.millionlooks.com
Oh do I love this one! It's business fashionista.  Lovin' the hat and purse.
DVF (of course, she's awesome)
photo via www.harpersbazaar.com
Another example of the bright colours being a bit more subtle.  This combination is so rich!
DVF
photo via www.millionlooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment