Monday 23 July 2012

Back to Summer- Part Deux: Summer Dresses

     Allo! So, here is part deux: Summer dresses!!!  So many different styles.  She (Alexis Honce on the Marilyn Denis show) spoke about 4 dresses and the colour theme, pastels.  For this, we've got the Little White Dress, Printed Maxi, Asymmetrical and Sporty.



Summer Dresses


Jigsaw vintage summer dress
$220 - jigsaw-online.com

Sleeveless dress
$31 - topshop.com

Quiz long pink dress
$31 - debenhams.com








The Maxi:  This one is so easy to wear.  You can get one in many prints and styles.  They are usually flowy and long. Perfect for a summer day.  She suggested (and I would do the same) wear them with flats. I would also add a nice boho bag and some bangles.  

D&G  Look at those huge earrings! Very gypsy like.  I'm really enjoying the Spanish/Italian feel reminiscent of Sophia Loren (not just this line).
photo via www.dresseseveningdresses.com

This middle one just catches my eye! The colour really pops.  The maxi is versatile.  The pattern changes the whole look!
photo via www.millionlooks.com

photo via www.pretamoda.wordpress.com


The little white dress:  The new spin on the little black dress.  So I guess now I should have an LBD and a LWD?  Not a problem.  One can have so much fun with a LWD.   White dresses look great with metals...silver or gold or both! Have fun. I would also  recommend a beautiful pop of colour (not necessarily with the metals).  Turquoise looks amazing on white.  If it's strapless I would recommend a chunky turquoise necklace or bracelet.  And lets not forget the possibilities for shoes like fuchsia or orange!! Delicious! But you can always keep it classic with black and white...always in style!

Marion Cotillard.  She's got great style!  Check it out, two trends: white dress and long pendant necklace!
photo via www.instyle.com

You know I love me some peplum! Kerry Washington is the only one who went for the pop of colour.  I do however like the simplicity of the other outfits...very classy!
photo via www.fabsugar.com

photo via www.millionlooks.com



Sports inspired:  I will admit I'm not a huge fan of this look but anyone can pull it off.  When I say "sports" I don't mean sneakers and sweats. It's cute outfits with inspiration from sports(Think Racerback styles, for example)  Kind of like taking the military look and making it feminine (another big trend this fall, but I'll talk about that later:)

See, no sweats and sneakers....style! Great trend for this summer with the Olympics starting soon.  It's a new look to work with (for me).  Dress it up or dress it down.   I think I could do it...I'm always open to trying new styles :)
photo via www.millionlooks.com

photo via www.millionlooks.com (hmm obviously, right?)


Asymetrical:  Oh one of my favourite looks.  Ever since school (Fashion) I've been obsessed with the asymmetrical look.  Look at any of my lines and I've got at least one outfit with asymmetry.  This one though is a little different..it's also known as the mullet dress...such a terrible name for a pretty look!!  I actually had a "mullet" dress in my line...Hmmm I must have known something:)

In love with the pink one! From head to toe Pink, not everyone could pull that off...but I would try! I would however add a little metal for me: a long necklace and some bangles....I think that would work!
photo via www.millionlooks.com

Little White Mullet dress???  Gianfranco Ferre .
photo via www.chicstories.com

I am so attracted to this designers lines! Mary Katranzou.  I actually touched a couple of her pieces while in Quebec City this past weekend...yeah not in my budget at the moment! But oh so tempting.
photo via www.chicstories.com

Couldn't help myself...Alexander McQueen.  Maybe a little dramatic for every day wear but still oh so lovely.
photo via www.chicstories.com


Well, this has turned into a long post, that's why it was in two parts!  Hopefully full of good information!  I loved writing it.  One of my favourite things to do is look at fashion trends...I have this little radar constantly looking for them!




No comments:

Post a Comment