Tuesday 20 November 2012

Equestrian

     Hello, how was Tuesday?  Tuesdays for some reason at work, seem long.  Mondays usually go by rather quickly which is weird because Mondays aren't always everyones favourite day of the week!!  I know I had a serious case of them yesterday...tired, cranky, irritable.   I'm thinking the change of weather has something to do with it.  I know it might sound strange but one of the most annoying things is trying to find a pair of socks in the morning.   All Summer and part of Spring, I don't need them and now I can never find a match.  Yes, I could make sure they are all paired up but I'm just not that good at it.  Also, during this time of the year (Here in Canada Anyways) one must choose what coat they will wear and not mind being seen in most of the time.   I have two:  A nice black wool coat with a ruffle and military inspired detail and a   nice warm feather filled one for those uber cold days when I am too cold to think about being stylish.    Anyways,  it doesn't mean one has to neglect their clothing that everyone at work will see (unless you wear a uniform...which I think I would have to find a way to spice up and make fun for me, kind of like Will Smith on Fresh Prince of Bel-air and his School uniform!).  So, sometimes when the weather and lack of sunlight gets me down, I do what I love best...something fashionable.  As a young girl my mom used to make us choose our outfits for the following day.  Most kids might not enjoy this but I absolutely loved it!!  I may not have always been successful but definitely creative.  I thank her for letting me be me:)  Anyhow, today I was feeling a little bored with my wardrobe.  I don't exactly dress up for work...it would be kind of silly of me too but no less fun.  I do love to dress up.  so I decided to go back to that time of choosing an outfit carefully and this is what I came up with:  I had some nice camel coloured skinny cords(I would have never ever worn these just a few years ago but they are surprisingly comfortable and don't look as bad as I thought)  I paired them with a sheer t-shirt type top from H&M , my Arturo Chiang Riding boots (which I adore) and some fun little earrings I had forgotten about which I received as a gift for participating in the Red Dress Fashion show this year.  There, my Equestrian inspired outfit for the day!  And topped it off with a sort of pony tail and bow elastic for a girly touch.  This is what I put together as an example.  The earrings weren't feathers, they were Aluminum by Jon Klar.  They were however, this color combo.  The only thing missing is a winter jacket!!! And I would love to own that purse.  Mine was black.  I think this one would have looked much nicer.  It's also a great colour for Fall/Winter.   What trends will you try this season? Be sure to have fun with it.  It's not about going out and buying a new wardrobe.  It's about taking what you have and being creative with it!




Equestrian


Clu
shopzoeonline.com




Coach duffle bag
coach.com


Pieces feather earrings
$14 - asos.com

No comments:

Post a Comment