Sunday 4 November 2012

Anna Karenina


Allo!  Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend and didn't forget to "Fall Back".  It was actually kind of nice to have that extra hour.  I made it to the gym!!  As usual, I will not enjoy the early darkness..but I will get used to it.   It's just a bit blah when you are at work all day and then it's dark when you get home.  It definitely doesn't help me get motivated to do anything.  Ugh....I will have to find a way!  Anyways, Although I've been excited for the newest Bond movie and having a "Bondathon" all week, the movie "Anna Karenina", has caught my eye and I really do want to see it!!  I think the reasons are obvious.  It's based on a novel by Tolstoy.   It's a story of forbidden love; Anna Karenina's with the Count Vronsky (she's married), is the main story.   It also has political undertones based on Tolstoy's  views of  Russia at that time.   I usually read the book before the movie but lately I have a hard enough time sitting down to read a magazine.  We will see.  Hope you all have a wonderful week:)

Photo via www.justjared.com
Even this poster is alluring.  She looks stunning.   The wardrobe and accessories for this movie look amazing.   Oh to have been part of the wardrobe department! 
Photo via www.dailymail.co.uk
The Camelia Poudre necklace worth 800,000 british pounds! Chanel loaned this amazing necklace and 18k gold, diamonds and pearls.
This necklace is amazing.  I nearly melted when I first saw it...not only is it gorgeous, it's by Chanel.  They've always had such fabulous accessories.  
Photo and info via www.dailymail.co.uk
I am completely in love with the wardrobe....it's period and lovely.   The clothing was inspired by 50's designers such as Dior and Balenciaga...amazing.  
Photo via www.fanpop.com
Keira Knightley chooses such great movies to be in.  She gets to play dress up and wear all those lovely garments. 
Photo via www.fanpop.com
We cannot forget about the men from the movie!! They too get dressed up and look rather dapper. 
Photo via www.fanpop.com
Kind of diggin' his white uniform.

Photo via www.fanpop.com
Dresses!!!! 
Photo via www.news.instyle.com
Banana Republic launched a line based on the movie.  They did something similar for "Mad Men".   I would love to have a store here!! There is always online shopping:)

Photo via www.fashionmagazine.com
Banana Republic "Anna Karenina" line. 


No comments:

Post a Comment