Wednesday 31 October 2012

Happy Halloween!


Happy Halloween!!! This year we got 4x the trick or treaters .  That's right, 8! When I was little, there were tons of kids out.  Then again, there are some neighbourhoods that get up to 200 kids from what I hear!  Maybe that's where they all go!? The mall was packed with trick or treaters.  There were some super cute ones!   A couple stood out for me; a little penguin who must have been about 2 or 3 years old.  She hid behind her mother because she was scared of the person dressed up as a Dragon (also a great costume) giving out candy.  Another one was dressed as Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz.  So adorable.  I guess the mall is the new thing to do.  I say hey, if one can get some shopping in, why not!  
I decided to make a costume and dress up today.  It's always been one of my favourite things to do and for the past two years I haven't made anything.   It was time for a revival.  As a little girl I loved Disney Princesses, so, I went as Snow White (My own version:).   I didn't  have anywhere in particular to go so, it was just for fun and fun it was.   I even saw a few Snow Whites at the mall  Hmmm.. maybe I should have kept it on and tried to get some candy???  JK.  Thinking back at childhood Halloween costumes, I was only a Disney Princess once....Ariel.  I loved that costume.  My Mom was always creative with costumes.  Maybe that's where I get it from.  Right now I'm watching "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown".  It makes me feel like a kid again:)


Moi, at work...doing my Snow White thing.  I even had an apple at break!  It's tricky to work in a dress like that.  I give her props for getting anything done.  Then again, she had the Dwarfs to help her out.

photo via en.wikipedia.org
Disney's Snow White


No comments:

Post a Comment