Tuesday 16 October 2012

Studs and Movies

 Tuesday!!!  How was your day? It's been raining here...a lot.  I did however see the sun this evening.  Only for a little while because it was getting dark.  I was on my way to the gym.  It was out long enough to shine on a pretty rainbow.    I've always wondered where the whole pot of gold at the end of a rainbow story came from.  Oh, I'm probably going to look it up now!  Anyways, how was everyone's weekend?  Mine was pretty good.  We went to see the Movie Argo and I bought some fancy new boots covering a couple styles this season:)


photo via www.imdb.com
This movie was beyond my expectations.  Ben Affleck is so talented.  I thank you so much for this great movie.  It's been a while since I've seen one and I left saying "wow, that was really good!"   I'm usually all about the action flicks at the theatre and although this one wasn't full of action it had suspense and even a little humour.   I've also got a soft spot for history and movies that are based on true stories.   So, if you are trying to figure out what movie to see, check this one out.   Brilliant!
photo via www.shoeme.ca
Jennifer Aniston is wearing some Arturo Chiang boots in this photo.  I think it's from an In Style magazine.  Anyways, this is the brand of boot I purchased on the weekend.  He used to be a designer for Nine West.
photo via www.shoeme.ca
These are the boots I got. I absolutely love them.  They have studded and snap detail in the back.  So, they are a riding boot with some studs...two trends in one!
Photo via www.harpersbazaar.com
So, let's talk a little about studs.  I've actually had my eye on them for about a year now.  To be more specific , the pyramid stud.   I actually mentioned them last year as a design option.  Imagine if they had  come out before the trend hit full force!?!  I really have to learn to speak up a little more.  Anyways, this is Valentino.  As I previously showed, I purchased some shoes from Shoe Dazzle that were influenced by this trend.  They also have a couple purses with this style. So, you can get the look minus the uber huge price tag!
photo via www.clipbudgetfashionista.com
Another take on the studs.  I think it's so cute.  It would also be easy for an at home project!  Just get some fabric, something heavy enough but not too heavy.  Maybe a cotton or even a velvet if you wanna get a little fancy!  I'd say a store like Michaels or maybe even where the fabric was purchased, might carry some studs that could be glued on or with some gadget.  Hmmm maybe I will try this!  We'll see.

Photo via www.37purseblog.com
A little more Valentino.  Can't got wrong.  The pyramid stud detail is just enough not to take away from the femininity of the purse.
Photo via www. glamour.com
Studs in clothing! How cute is this dress?  It's got a sweet little retro look with a modern twist to it.  The studs are so tiny they don't overwhelm the dress.  
Here is a link I found on how to wear studs and still look like a lady!!  Hope you all have a fabulous week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment