Sunday 31 March 2013

Happy Easter! Pastels!

 Happy Easter!! I hope everyone had a great Easter weekend and got to spend time with family and maybe even hunt for eggs!  We had our usual two dinners today....so, very stuffed!  I tried my best to pace myself but it's difficult when there are such delicious things to eat!  Easter is a reminder of Spring and today felt like Spring! It was so nice out; Almost 15 degrees Celsius.   People often associate Easter with pastels...another big Spring trend.  One thing that drives me crazy is when people say "oh no that looks likes Easter"...hmmm maybe Easter looks like Spring!!  Would Easter be the same if it were dark colours?? No!  So yes, Easter time has pastels...because it's Spring time!!  It's a time for lighter and softer hues...a time to get away from the darker colours of winter...to warm up if you will.  Then, once Summer comes, they get a little brighter.  So, here are a few pictures celebrating pastels for Spring!!   Have a great week everyone:)

p.s 
Great story: I've been working very hard on my designs...hence the lack of posts.  Anyways, last weekend in a fit of motivation I decided to go out, get a few things and work allllll afternoon!! Great idea until I locked myself out of the house!!!  I've never done that before. My husband was gone for the day, with the other key, so,  I had to call my dad to come get me.  I felt like an idiot...sitting there on my step, the keys I could see through the window, right by the door.  Fail. But ,it was nice to hang out with my parents and think about my designs and what to do next:)



Photo via www.fashion.telegraph.co.uk
Dior Spring 2013
Photo via www.chanel.com
Chanel Spring 2013
Photo via www.shefinds.com
Butter nail polish.
Photo via www.instyle.com
Keira Knightley in Erdem.
Photo via www.fashiongonerogue.com
Blumarine Spring 2013


Photo via www.elle.com
Nina Ricci Spring 2013
Photo via www.fashiongonerogue.com
Mulberry Spring 2013

Photo via www.squidoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment