Friday 8 March 2013

International Women's Day

Happy International Women's Day!  I didn't even know this day existed until a few years ago.   One of my co-workers is from Hungary and today is her birthday.  She explained to me that she was born on "Woman's Day" and how it was celebrated in Hungary.  I guess it's celebrated differently around the world.  Some places treat it as a mothers day type of day (like here) or celebrate with deeper meaning like in Hungary.  I was just asking my Husband where all my spoiling was!  I was only kidding...although I wouldn't complain ;)  Here is a link to Wikipedia with a little more info on the day.     Anyways, there are so many fabulous and wonderful women that got us to where we are today and I want to say thank you!  Here is a link I found with 100 inspirational women---> here.

 Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

photo via http://www.swc-cfc.gc.ca
ps I've decided there's not really a point to having "Fashion Friday" when I'm most often talking about fashion in some way!   So, every day is a Fashion day :)


No comments:

Post a Comment