Wednesday 14 March 2012

                                                        Versace and Prabal Gurung
                                                       The Chanel Spring 2012 show. 

                                                                  Alexander McQueen
Hope everyone had a happy hump day! Today I finished a sample earring for my cousins nuptials in Jamaica.  She wanted something pretty with a beachy feel. Since her bridesmaids are wearing starfish jewelry, I decided to incorporate some into her special piece. I was excited to design this for her because it represents another theme this spring: Under the Sea! Soft colors, shells, pearls, tiny sea creatures.... There are so many designers having fun with this theme.  One show I enjoyed watching was Chanel. First, two things I love:  Chanel and Florence and the Machine.  It was like they were walking on the ocean floor.  Soft colors, shells and pearls everywhere....including their hair.  With Florence singing "What the Water Gave Me" in a giant sea shell, it was perfect!   Okay, now I've got "under the sea" stuck in my head from The Little Mermaid, my favorite Disney cartoon....sorry if I got it stuck in your head too:)

1 comment:

  1. Under the sea is still in my head since our trip to Florida...lol
    Great blog Adrienne and the color scheme is beautiful...can't wait to see those earrings!!

    ReplyDelete