Sunday 9 September 2012

Burgundy



    Hey all! Did you all have a great weekend??  This past week, although short, seemed long.  So, the weekend was just what I needed.  Ahhhhh yes.  I kept quite busy which is nice.  I always feel kind of bad if I'm lazy all weekend....even though sometimes that's what weekends are great for.   Anyways, today I bought some cobalt jeans from Joe Fresh! They are nice and comfy.  I can't wait to wear them!   I was also going to purchase a pair of burgundy ones but they didn't have my size :(  But hey, I'm sure I could find some somewhere else. I'm going through an I want to try a new colour phase....and Burgundy being the new "in" colour, makes me want to try it.  I even made some nice little burgundy glass beads at work.  Can't wait to make something with them!
                                                          Hope you all have a great week!

Roksanda Ilicnic
 
Roksanda Ilicnic
                         I would have never thought to put these colours together but they actually work!
                     
Rodarte
     This dress is so sweet.  I love the collar necklace and the asymmetrical detail on the dress.           

J.Mendel
          The look of this dress is so romantic..the colour...the deep "V" and the flow of the fabric.
         

Jason Wu
          A bit of the military look that's in. The belt is a great accent on the oufit.  I'd say it makes the outfit.  The fur looks awesome but I hope it's fake! I could definitely wear this this fall.  Oh if only I could afford it!

Gucci
 Lovin' the high slit ruffles and assymetry.  It's not showing that much skin but there is a sexiness about it.

Gucci
I have to say, I'm really diggin' the sheers this year.  The appliqué detail is lovely and covers just where it needs too ;)
DVF
I  love DVF.  Her lines are so lady like and don't over do it or under do it, if that makes sense.  I would wear this for sure!  The one bare shoulder is so sexy but not over the top...just enough:) 


Chanel
I've always been a fan of Chanel.  This is a great play on the classic Chanel jacket....winterized!  The colours are delicious and I would totally wear it.

All Photos via www.vogue.com :)

Interesting little piece of info via www.wikipedia.org : Burgundy is a red color associated with the Burgundy wine of the same name, which in turn is named after the Burgundy region of France. The color burgundy is similar to other shades of darkred such as maroon. When referring to the color, "burgundy" is usually not capitalized.[2]
The first recorded use of "burgundy" as a color name in English was in 1881.The burgundy color was the most popular lipstick color amongst women in the 1990s and early 2000s. It is also a popular lipstick color with the people in the gothic subculture.


No comments:

Post a Comment