Monday 3 September 2012

Labor Day

     Hey! Hope you all had a fabulous long weekend.  Although I Love long weekends, they always seem to go by so fast.  But hey, at least the week will be shorter too!  My friend came to visit from Toronto and brought me some uber fun fashion mags!  So, today I've been sifting through them and reading fun little articles as well as checking out the latest trends.  Thanks E.jo:)  I've also been working out ideas for my designs...something I've been trying to do for a little while now.  One step at a time!
  Today is labor day.  I've never actually looked into the history of it and decided to.  I mostly wanted to know the whole don't wear white after labor day tradition.   Here is what I found from wikipedia, I love that site:  Labor day
Chanel
Photo via www.Vogue.com
      One of the main things it said about not wearing white is that labor day weekend is considered the last weekend of summer (Even thought it's not technically over) and white is considered to be a summer colour.  For this season however, White has been all over the runways...so winter white is in. Which actually makes sense to me because it reminds me of Winter.....snow.  But this doesn't  mean to keep your sheer white shirts from summer.  Heavier clothing will probably be more appropriate for colder weather:)  But do feel free to layer your summer clothes for a more wintery look.   Will you try the winter white trend this season or leave it for summer?


Jil Sander
photo via www.harpersbazaar.com
Chanel
photo via www.vogue.com


Max Mara
Photo via www.harpersbazaar.com



     Speaking of colour, here is the colour forecast from Pantone.  If you go to the link and click on the colour it will bring up a runway example from a designer:)  Pantone Fall 2012 colours
One colour that is not mentioned here and has been all over the runways, is Burgundy...or Oxblood...there are a few different names but they are all quite similar.



Photo via www.pantone.com










No comments:

Post a Comment