Monday 24 September 2012

Emmy's

Hey hey!
It seems I've been writing mostly on Mondays.  I did intend on writing this weekend but I was a bit busy I guess! We had the Grand Opening on Saturday. So, I was there half the day and up to that day I was sewing away.  (I did not mean to Rhyme! )My dress turned out wonderful! I was quite happy with it.  A heavy stretch satin with lace, both black, and a ruffle along the bottom!   The Grand opening was great as well.  So many people!  Thanks to everyone who came out and celebrated:)

Last night was the Emmy's....and my favorite part of course is the Red Carpet!  There were so many pretty dresses but a few stood out to me more than the others...that is, I LOVED them.  By now, you all know my most favourite garment to create is dresses....so these kind of events usually get the creative juices flowing and often lead to lots fun things:)


Padma Lakshmi in Monique Lhuillier
I watched her step out of the vehicle and thought, wow she is gorgeous!  The orange works so well with her skin tone.  I love the flare of the skirt and the fitted bodice....delicious!

Zooey Deschanel in Reem Acra
I love this girl.  She looked fantastic.  Her show "New Girl", is hilarious! I recommend this show to anyone who wants to laugh and smile.  Someone told me that she's just as sweet and kind in person:)


Julie Bowen in Monique Lhuillier
Okay, I"m not the biggest fan of yellow, mostly because it doesn't always look great on me. However, she pulls it off so well! There were actually about 4 yellow dresses there...three of them won Emmy's. Hmmm....Julie Bowen being one of them.  "Modern Family", absolutely love it!   So Monique, two of your dresses caught my eye :)  She makes amazing dresses.
Lucy Liu in Versace
I'm a huge fan of corseted dresses and lately Versace has been catching my eye.  Love the detail on the bodice and all that sparkle!
Jessica Pare in Jason Wu
I've always loved black and white or in this case, white with black.  She looks so glamorous from head to toe.  Very appropriate for this Mad Men actor!  The red lips make her look even more like a starlet...and she's Canadian:)

Julia Louis Dreyfus in Vera Wang
I could not take my eyes of this dress when she went up for her award.  It's a lovely burgundy.  Oh it was gorgeous!  The funny thing is, I actually sketched something similar to this.  Vera Wang has always been one of my inspirations.
Tina Fey in Vivienne Westwood

Dear Miss Tina Fey, Absolutely love this dress.  The colour, the detail at the top of the bodice...the fit ...perfect!  She rocked it!  That was meant to be punny...she's on "30 Rock" lol another hilarious show.


All photos via www.harpersbazaar.com







No comments:

Post a Comment