Friday 18 January 2013

Fashion Friday- Black and White

Happy Friday!   Although this week seems to have gone by rather quickly, Friday seems to have taken a while to get here.  But here it is, Fashion Friday!  Last Friday I talked about spring colours.  Well, this time we're still in the colour realm.  Black and white.  Now, I know what you're thinking...boring.  However, this seasons black and white is not all just "black and white".  There's some fun stuff going on like stripes and checkers. It's gone graphic!   

Photo via www.harpersbazaar.com
Narcisso Rodriguez. Proenza Schouler. Givenchy.


Photo via www.glamour.com
Alexander Wang.Jason Wu. Mark Jacobs.
     Those are some crazy gladiator sandals.  If I wore them they would go up to my thigh....I think I'm too short for those ones!!  Don't get me wrong, they're pretty awesome.  I saw Anne Hathaway wearing some and she looked fab!
     And who said you can't mix patterns?? There's a lot going on the Mark Jacobs runway.   
Jason Wu, always been a fan.  Look how lovely and lady like that outfit is!  The lines are all in the right places.  This kind of colour blocking has a great slimming effect. 

Photo via www.marieclaire.com
Mark Jacobs
Photo via www.marieclaire.com
Jonthan Saunders




Business stripes!  I think I would wear that to the office.  I however, would add some colourful shoes...maybe a bright red!   The Diagonal stripes are nice...another slimming affect.  It draws your eye towards the centre.   Actually, if I look at it too long it hurts my eyes lol.

Photo via www.harpersbazaar.com
Stella McCartney
I've always liked Stella McCartney.  This dress is very simple, sheer and flowy (did I make up that word??)  and I love it.
photo via www.instyle.com
Jessica Alba. Louis Vuitton.
Is there a car race??? I bet they'd love to have her as their checkered flag.  I love this dress.  It  definitely stands out.  It's got that Mod look. So fun!
Photo via www.instyle.com
Emmy Rossum.  Andrew GN
Photo via www.instyle.com
Jessica Chastain.  Dolce and Gabbana


Jessica Chastain always looks flawless.  This is a basic black and white but basic is a safe bet.  If you haven't noticed, I'm all about balance and her outfit is just that. Try to imagine it without the belt...doesn't look the same! Even the shape of her blazer works.  I like it.  Emmy Rossum's dress is so sweet.  It's got great balance (of course), drawing the eye down the dress with it's leaf like pattern.  Very ladylike.
So, now that I talked about colour last week and black and white this week....don't be afraid to mix it up.  To me, black and white means go wild with the accessories.  So, have fun!

          Hope you all have a great weekend that's not just plain old black and white :)

No comments:

Post a Comment