Monday 14 January 2013

Golden Globes


Last night was the 70th Annual Golden Globes and my favourite part of the Golden Globes or any awards ceremony involving fabulous people, is the red carpet...why???  Dresses!!! But let's not forget the men.  There were some good lookin' fellas rockin' some stylin' suits.   One thing I noticed, a lot of black; black and white, black and gold, plain black...etc. The biggest colour on the Red Carpet was, well, Red!  There were also some nudes, whites and blues.   I have to say, I'm surprised to have not seen more Emerald or Spring shades according to Pantone's colour guide.  Usually the Red Carpet gives us an idea of what colours are hot for the season but I guess just because Pantone says it, it doesn't mean we must follow!
Here are some of my favourite looks. 



Nicole Kidman.  Alexander McQueen.  Loving the corset detail and sheer mid section.  She always looks beautiful. 
Jennifer Lawrence.  Dior Haute Couture.  I love love the  silhouette of this dress on her.  Sure the boob area is a little origami looking but she pulls it off.  The belt cinches the waist every so slightly and adds balance, showing off her curves. 

Anne Hathaway.  Chanel.  She's a classy lady and this column gown has class written all over it.  Gorgeous. And I've got to say, she can really pull off short hair! Love!
Kate Hudson.  Alexander McQueen. I think it may have been my favourite.  When she walked out, I gasped... In love with the gold detail around the top of the plummeting neckline and the belt.    This dress is sexy and sophisticated all in one. 





Naomi Watts.  Zac Posen.  Absolutely love the colour and cut of this dress.   She looks like a hollywood starlet from the 40's or 50's.   That man knows how to dress a woman!
Jessica Chastain.  Calvin Klein.  This colour looks like spring and goes so well with her skin tone and red locks.   It's very sweet, even though it's got that plummeting halter neckline!

Jennifer Lopez.  Zuhair Murad.   I'm a big fan of lace so obviously I was attracted to this dress.  I like that it's not really showing any skin but it's completely nude so it appears to be.   Her side swept hair and accessories are a perfect match to her sultry look.  Va va voom!
Kristen Wiig.  Michael Kors.  It's simple, black but has an eye catching cutout that makes me love it!

Kristen Bell.  Jenny Packham.  Who says just because you're pregnant you can't look fabulous?   Just love the jewel encrusted top of this dress and how it flows over her baby bump.  
Michelle Dockery. Alexander Vauthier.    The gold detail on the bodice just catches my eye.  Maybe it's everything together; her gold jewelry , clutch and emerald ring.  Something about this dress.....
Isla Fisher.  Reem Acra.  It's just so sparkly!  Her retro waves are perfect and her clutch is a great little colour accent.  She looks elegant from head to toe.  
Lucy Liu.  Carolina Herrera. Pulling off floral can be tricky.  Pulling it off in a ball gown...even trickier.  She  totally did it right.  She looks so sweet with her fishtail braid and natural makeup.  And are those pockets?! I'm a big fan of pockets in dresses:)


                                                      All images of dresses from www.instyle.com
















No comments:

Post a Comment