Friday 11 January 2013

Fashion Friday

It's Friday!  I've decided to start something I'd like to call,  "Fashion Friday"!  Yay!  I am going to try to do this every Friday and talk about upcoming trends or some kind of fun fashion thing....which I already do most of the time lol.
Now, I know it's cold outside but believe it or not, Spring is just around the corner.  So, it's time to start preparing.   First on the agenda is colour.   According to Pantone the colour for Spring this year is Monaco Blue.   I think it's a lovely blue.   Not too dark, not too light and it's so pretty with a little richness.   I've  seen it  paired with lime green, chartreuse and gold.  Surprisingly, they go well together!  It would look great with many other colours as well, depending on how adventurous you want to be (I'm thinking pink, yellow, purples, orange, red.....pretty much every colour lol).  Although Monaco Blue might be THE colour for spring, there are other fun colours as well.  Many of them would look great together. So, have fun! (see below for other colours)
Photo via www.guestofaguest.com
Spring 2013 runway: Jason Wu, Rebecca Taylor, Derek Lam
Go to this website to check out the other pantone colors on the runway!


photo via www.pantone.com
The colours for Spring

Now, the colour of the year...which means wear it from January to December and who knows, maybe into the next year...is Emerald.  This gorgeous green has slowly been making it's way into the spotlight.    Although it may not be for everyone, I believe it can look good on anyone.   According to Pantone,   "Emerald, a vivid, verdant green, enhances our sense of well-being further by inspiring insight, as well as promoting balance and harmony."  

photo via www.pantone.com
When it's on the red carpet it can only mean one thing...It's in.

photo via www.guestofaguest.com
Spring 2013 runway: Tadashi Shoji, Lela Rose, Zac Posen

photo via www.pantone.com
Hope you enjoyed a little lesson on colour trends for this spring/year.  I know I'm excited to start my spring wardrobe.  It's feeling warmer already!!  Have a great weekend everyone:)

No comments:

Post a Comment