Tuesday 1 January 2013

Happy New Year!

photo via www.happynewyearsmswishes.com


Happy New Year to all!  I hope you all had a wonderful New Year's eve and that this new year is full of happiness, health, exciting possibilities and dreams coming true!  Every year I (as do most, I'm sure) make a New Year's resolution list.  The usual ones are working out more, eating right...etc.  I've got the working out down I would say...the eating, I don't eat that bad.  The thing I do want to work on is actually cooking!  Next on my list, staying true to myself and my goals.  I hope to have more custom work this year and get my designs out there(It's kind of scary and exciting at the same time).  Over the holidays I made my aunt a dress for a wedding (my first client! Yay!).  She has a difficult time finding the perfect fit and came to me.  It turned out better then I could hope.  She looked so good!    Seeing her excitement and knowing I helped her look fab was an amazing feeling.
  On the last day of 2012 I watched the McQueen spring/summer show online.  Wow, I love that design house.  The crazy thing is a few of the designs were similar to ones I designed for this years show!  I thought that was pretty neat:)
 It's back to work tomorrow for me.  I know I know, don't complain, I got a week off...it's still so hard to go back after sleeping in and sewing most of the time!  To those of you also heading back to work, have a great week!!!

Here is a taste of the McQueen line.  Loving so much about this collection...the fabric, the patterns, the colours used...belts, hats etc.  Everything just flows and goes so well together.  Truly enjoyed the silhouettes and amazing craftsmanship. Start the year off with a little fashion!! Yesss!
All photo's from www.alexandermcqueen.com
Here is a Link to the McQueen website to see more.  I recommend watching the video and how awesome the garments are :)

No comments:

Post a Comment