Wednesday 20 June 2012

Summer Time!




     Happy first day of Summer!!!  It was a scorcher!  I guess it's time to get out the air conditioner. This uber hot weather got me thinking of summer style...once again.  It's similar to spring style but I'd say a little smaller, ie swimsuits and show shorts!   Here's an easy fun summer look...well one of many.  You got your basic tank, shorts and simple accessories that add just the right touch (Hello gorgeous MK bag!).  Tank tops are great because they can come in a  variety of colours and patterns...but they're a basic fit and look well on most people and you can dress them up or down.   Denim shorts go with any kind of top (except for long and billowy making it look like nothing on the bottom!! lol) My favourite spot to get them are American Eagle or Aerie.  They have different length options which is great because not everyone can wear short shorts or as I like to call them , Boom boom shorts lol. As for the accessories, you don't always need too much during the summer.  Hats are great to keep the sun from burning your head while doubling as fashion statement.  They come in different shapes and sizes, so, there's one for everyone!  I just love the look of bangles. You can stack them or wear them alone depending on how busy you want your wrist to look.  As for other jewelry, I say keep it simple.  If you're going to wear a necklace remember...tan lines...so either go light and be sure to wear your sunscreen!  The evening however, is a whole other story!! There are no rules, just be sure not to go over board.  Coco Chanel once said "Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and remove one accessory".  One of my favourite things though are sandals.  Oh how I love them.  I know most women have a shoe fetish. For me, it's sandals...flip flops...wedges..etc.  I will buy as many as I can get my hands on.  My husband would agree!  I saw recently, that Spring has a few cute neon coloured ones.  Yes...I'm on a bit of a neon kick.  I guess I didn't get enough of it when I was younger lol.  However, I have to say, it's back with a little more class.  No fanny packs or wind breakers this time!  I know it seems like I'm all about the brights but I have a soft spot for pastels too.  They would make for another sweet summer look.  I imagine soft fabric, maybe a sun dress, strappy sandals, minimal accessories,  clutch, maybe some little pearl earrings and dainty chain bracelet....oh I love fashion!  I forgot to mention...I purchased another pair of coloured denim pants, bright coral!!! Oh how I love them.  Hello, my name is Adrienne and I have an addiction...to colour!

Summer Time!


Quiksilver denim shorts
$50 - quiksilver.com

Ankle wrap flat sandals
£106 - farfetch.com

Lucite bangle
$20 - sonsi.lanebryant.com

Hat Attack crochet hat
$139 - mytheresa.com

No comments:

Post a Comment