Monday 27 August 2012

Fall Fashions begin

     Hey All! Hope you had a fantabulous weekend.  I didn't have as huge a case of the Mondays today...but ya know...it's Monday.  I was actually pretty busy and on the go this weekend.  It's nice to be busy sometimes.  Hubby had a golf lesson so I had a little time to myself to hit the mall.  Yes I may have purchased a few things.  I'm slowly starting to build up my Fall wardrobe.  My sister asked me this weekend what she should consider when she goes on her shopping trip ; what the trends are.  My first instinct was to inform her about colours:  Burgundy, huge color this season.  Also, indigo to slate blue.  While looking through magazines soooo many ads have these colors.  Luckily, blues have been in for a few seasons so a lot of people may already have them in their wardrobe.  It's great when that happens!  Greens seem to be popping up everywhere too and purples are making an appearance. The palate is all over the place! But I'd say those are the more dominant colours....among a few others!  I told her leather is in...not head to toe necessarily but here and there....peplums, yay....equestrian...holy cow so many that I will expand on at a later date.
     So, to start her off, I gave her an example of what I would like to add to my wardrobe: A blazer. They are so crisp and can really top off an outfit.  Day time, wear it with a blouse and dress pants .  Night time, kick it up with some fun heels, skinny jeans and sheer top.   Next, I said I would like some cobalt colored skinny jeans.  I'm all about my colored denim this year.  Pair it with a cute polka dot shirt (t-shirt or blouse).  Then to top it off, some cute little earrings.  Keep it fairly simple.  How ladylike; polka dots and bows, two of my favourite things.  In my little example here I paired this all with some fun little wedge booties and a what' supposed to be burgundy bag.  I'm a huge fan of pops of colour and this bag does just that.  Maybe the brits have had a little influence on me with the Olympics!  Either way, it's a good influence.   I hope I helped my sister out with her shopping.  She was quite pleased with my advice.  I love to help out any way I can. What fall trend would you like to start out with??





Fall Fashions begin


Moschino polka dot blouse
net-a-porter.com


Warehouse tuxedo jacket
$63 - warehouse.co.uk


J.Crew super skinny jeans
net-a-porter.com



Gucci leather handbag
$1,465 - flannelsfashion.com


Tiffany & Co. gold earrings
tiffany.com





The Duchess pulled these blue skinny jeans off flawlessly!
photo via www.flare.com











No comments:

Post a Comment