Wednesday 8 August 2012

Gatsby

     Holy Cow, it's Wednesday already??  Monday Holidays are fantastic...although it felt like Monday because I was dropping stuff lol.    I'm currently working on a dress that I hope to wear this weekend....ugh...I'm going a bit slow so we'll see.  But, it reminded me of a trend that's starting: The 20's and The Great Gatsby!  I have been obsessed with the drop waist look for a little while now so it's nice to see it trending!    I even  mentioned last week at work,  I felt we should keep this movie in mind for new designs.  I guess I am on the right track!  Anyways, the look is the roaring 20's: drop waist dresses, pearls galore, fancy headbands bejewelled with anything from feathers to diamonds , long gloves, music and drinking....and I'm sure some more!  I absolutely love vintage looks.  I can have so much fun with this!


It was supposed to come out near Christmas but has been moved to Summer of 2013
Based on the book from F.Scott Fitzgerald, it's the sixth adaptation (film and TV).  It takes place in the 1920's (The Roaring 20's) During the prohibition.  This is also the era of Art Deco which started in Paris during during the 20's.  It reached elsewhere into the 30's and war time.    With a focus on motifs and ornaments (although there are many styles, these are most common), it's influence was seen everywhere  from architecture  and art to clothing and jewelry...very eclectic!  

Ooooo....look at tall that sparkle!  How glamorous does she look?  And those gentlemen look dapper...Leo is always great on screen.  Can't wait to see this!
(Leonardo DiCaprio, Carey Mulligan, Tobey Maguire)
photo via www.cnn.com

The drop waist look on the fall runways! I knew I was onto something....errr yess....or I just like the look;)
left to right: Burberry, Mary Katrantzou and Roksanda Ilicnic.
photo via www.fabsugar.com

Katy Perry feelin' the 20's!  Lingerie inspired dress, long pearls, fancy headband...fun!
This is a great representation of the 20's.  
photo via www.instyle.com

Camilla Belle at the MET Gala.  She looks stunning in Ralph Lauren.
Really like the patter/motif throughout the fabric and the sheer detail at the neckline.  It looks like her dress is just somehow staying up.  So beautiful!
photo via www.instyle.com

Milla Jovovich in Prada.  The flapper effect.  She can pull off pretty much anything (My husband would agree lol).
photo via www.instyle.com

Salma Hayek in Gucci....hot mama! Nice Art Deco like pattern on the top.  Mmmmm...love the gold on black.
photo via www.instyle.com

Michael Kors.  Absolutely love it!! Gold looks so sleek. Check out the sheer lines along the bottom.  I love those subtle details.  It's what I look for.
photo via www.elle.com

Cute little 20's inspired dresses for every day wear!  These are adorable.
photo via www. the frisky.com

No comments:

Post a Comment