Thursday 2 August 2012

No more thinking, only doing and Lanvin

   Happy Thursday! Yes, it's almost Friday and for us here in NB, it's a long weekend.  Yay! Today I accomplished something...that's right, I wore the shirt.  And I did so fabulously, if I may add.  I even got a compliment from my boss (She's pretty stylish herself!).   So, now I want to go shopping!  It is after all nearing the time for fall wardrobe...why not start a little early;).  Today I also read a quote that was perfect for me: "Every time I use my instinct I win.  Every time I think too much I lose"- Alber Elbaz.     I just loved it, it suited me.  Alber Elbaz is the designer for Lanvin, another wonderful fashion house.  I know when I do go with my instinct, it's often my best work.   I feel like I've been thinking too much lately and today I was back.  I also started on a new pattern for a dress that I was thinking too much about.  No more thinking, just doing...hmmm did Yoda say something like that?  At least close "No try, only do", right?     Maybe this quote by Alber Elbaz suits some of you!


Emma Stone in Lanvin at the Golden Globes.  I loved this dress!
photo via www.stylefrizz.com


Alber Elbaz with Chloe  Sevigny at NY fashion week.
photo via www.instyle.com



Lanvin.  Fall 2012.  Love. it. Sucker for a good peplum! They are so ladylike.
photo via www.glamour.com

These last three are another sample of the Lanvin fall line.  The colours are  lusciously delicious!   I will admit, I've been slowly falling for this line.   I'm attracted to the colours and the feminine touches like ruffles and peplums.  Alber Elbaz  knows what he's doing.
Last three photo's via www.vogue.com

No comments:

Post a Comment