Friday 8 February 2013

Friday Frills

Happy Friday!!  I don't know about you but I'm so happy it's Friday.  The past few days have been, how can I put it...I'm glad it's the weekend:)  Anyways, today I picked up my Red Dress fabric from the post office.  I'm so excited!  It definitely made my day.  We're getting a snow storm this weekend starting tonight.  I plan to get back to my favourite thing: Fashion design.  I've had sooo many ideas.  Inspiration is all around.  Designing is where I'm at my most natural and happiest; I feel like myself.   I love it.
  So, on to today's topic.  It's one of my favourite fashion details:  ruffles!!!  I heart ruffles and they are on the Spring 2013 runways.  One of my designs for this years fashion show has a little ruffle going on.  What I like about the ruffles on the Spring runways is that they're just a touch of ruffle here and there not always an abundance....not that I would mind!!  Just the right touch to add a certain je ne sais quoi to the outfit.   J'aime les ruffles!!!  I'm bilingual but honestly, not sure if I can think of the French word for "ruffles".  Ruffles is a trend that doesn't seem to disappear....just hangs out until it gets a little more attention.  I've been making things with ruffles since I was in school...and wow, that was 10 years ago!!!  Time really does fly.  Hope you all have a frilling weekend;)  (I know, cheesy!)



photo via www.glamour.com
Gucci, Balenciaga, Chloe
Ruffles, Je T'aimes.

photo via www.ibtimes.com
Givenchy
Oh Givenchy.  What can I say? I'm a fan.

photo  via www.harpersbazaar.com
Gucci
Love that deep "V" neckline.  Without it, the ruffled sleeves might be a little much.  A blend of sexy and sweet.   Ok, it might be a little more sexy:)

photo via www.harpersbazaar.com
Chloe
So, cute! Totally my style.  White is hot right now too.  Ooo I might have to make a version of this for me! 
photo via www.harpersbazaar.com
Balenciaga
Sexy ruffles! I like how the underneath of the ruffle is white.  Black and white trend:) I also like the asymmetrical cut of the skirt.  Great balance;)

photo via www.vogue.com
Balenciaga
Holy cannoli, a shoe with a ruffle!! Love!
Photo via www.instyle.com
Kate Mara.  LBD.
What a sweet little black dress.  It's a style I would definitely wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment