Friday 15 February 2013

Lovely Lace


Hey All!  It's Friday. Yay!  Tonight, me and my hubby went out for a belated Valentines day dinner.  It was so good!  I had a stuffed red pepper with quinoa , chick peas, goat cheese and veggies with a yummy garden salad....mmmmmm.  Tomorrow I'm going to do a fitting with my Red Dress model.  I'm a little nervous, first fitting and all.  Hope everything goes well!
I've noticed for a while now, lace is everywhere!  Whether it's actual lace or just a lace print on fabric....it's in!  I used a lot of lace last year in my line and dresses for myself.  I guess I was on the right track. What I like about lace is it can be sweet or sexy.  It was often associated with lingerie and every thing uber sexy and seductive.  Now, you see it used in cute feminine dresses as well as accents on accessories like purses, shoes and even inspirations for jewelry.  It also comes in an array of colours!  I actually mentioned at work last year we should use fabric as ideas for jewelry...like use lace imprints or make it look lacy in some way.   Oh how fun would that be?  I'm full of great ideas lol.  Anyways, have a fantabulous weekend!



Photo via www.instyle.com
Love all the colours! See, not all lace has to be sexy.  Lace can also be sweet and sophisticated. 

photo o via www.shop.stelladot.com
How fun is this jewelry???   There are a few other lace inspired designs on this site.  I kinda like it!  

Photo via www.elle.com
Jason Wu
This is business meets sexy! Even got a little leather in there....another trend.   Jason Wu did a lot of leather and lace.
photo via www.elle.com
Lela Rose.
Love this dress.  I've been thinking about trying this lace idea with one of my dresses for the show this year.  I love how the lace gives a sort of silhouette.  And the black and white....It just looks so romantic. 


www.instyle.com
Kare Mara. Dolce and Gabbana.
So sweet.  It's lace and sheer but doesn't look overly sensual.
www.instyle.com
Catherine Zeta Jones
Printed Lace, Michael Kors.
This is something I've seen a lot:  Printed lace on fabric.  It's an interesting take on it. I personally prefer the real deal:)
photo via www.elle.com
Oscar de la Renta
Really like the white and touch of lace on this outfit.  It's sophisticated.
photo via www.shoerazzi.com
Even shoes have lace!
                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment